Stress Relief: How Lavender Oil Can Help Parents Avoid Being Overwhelmed
Stress often comes with being a parent, motherhood is a challenge regardless of how many kids you have.
Stress comes with being a parent; motherhood is a challenge regardless of how many kids you have. I only have one daughter and, honestly, I cannot fathom how mothers with multiple kids do it.
This past Father’s Day is a reminder of the strength and complementary role Dad adds to daily parenting. Equally important and irreplaceable is the role of Mom and that nurturing love and connection that starts from birth. While having children is amazing and fun, most parents go through the “honeymoon” phase of parenting.
The Honeymoon Phase of Parenting
- Having a newborn is exciting; they are so small and fragile. While the every two hours of feeding can wear on Mom and Dad, there is nothing like a brand new human to cuddle with.
- Like a cute new puppy, it is fun to play with baby as he or she begins to crawl and then walk.
- Hearing your toddler begin to form words is adorable.
When The Honeymoon Phase Ends: Parenting Becomes Stressful
- Your toddler starts to go through the terrible twos. The child is wildly screaming and kicking as if you are kidnapping her. Suddenly, you are that embarrassed, red-faced parent profusely apologizing to strangers and onlookers as you stagger through the frozen food aisle with wild child under your arm.
- Independence is something your toddler is now learning. He or she masters the word “No!” Thus, anytime you ask him or her to do anything your sweet little angel screams “No!”
- Your family does not have a history of A.D.D., but it appears your toddler cannot seem to sit long enough at the restaurant. He or she refuses to sit in a high chair and would prefer to sit next to—or on—Mom and Dad. When you finally acquiesce, good behavior only lasts for approximately 2 minutes. You and your spouse are begging for not only the food to arrive but also the bill.
- Sugar packages, salt shakers, and ketchup bottles are fun to grab and throw around. It seems your toddler’s primary objective is to leave behind the biggest mess possible for the wait staff.
- It is exciting to see your toddler coloring until the walls in your home become their new coloring book.
How Essential Oils Can Be A Stress Reducer
When you are dealing with stressful situations, you are willing to try just about any healthy alternative to remedy stress. Of course, exercise is a great stress reliever, but it also helps to reduce anxiety and depression. Moms who try exercising with kids encounter a juggling act, but it’s doable.
The Function of Olfactory Epithelium
Did you know most people have an average of 450 different types of olfactory receptors and millions of sensory neurons? Receptors activate immediately by the smell of anything from popcorn to perfume. The thalamus in our brain sends smell signals to the amygdala and hippocampus. What does this mean when it comes to smell and the long-term benefits of essential oils?
The brain stores odor information, which is cataloged in our long-term memory banks, linking our emotional ties to them. Take lavender, which our brains relate to relaxation. The stressful, daily grind of parenting need not weigh us down. What better way to give your brain a constant reminder to unwind and not overreact to stressful triggers than by wearing it?
3 Ways to + Lavender Oil To Your Life
- Ever try an essential oil diffuser? If by chance you already have one, that is great. However, if you need to buy purchase one, we have our very own Kashmere Luxury Diffuser.
- If you do not have time to sit with our diffuser and to release your stressful day, you can take it with you. Yep, we offer the Kashmere Luxury Diffuser Necklace.
- Do not let stressful situations get under your skin. Instead, try our topical lavender oil. Yes, after diluting lavender oil you can rub just two drops on your temples or behind your ears. Pick a place that would best suit your olfactory senses.
Everyday Stress: Parenting Lives & Benefits of Lavender Oil
Here are just some advantages of lavender oil:
- Relaxing agent.
- Stress reducer
- Reduces acne and improves complexion.
- Improves mood.
- Helps with sleep.
The National Library of Medicine says medical research of healing properties of lavender oil is well studied.
“Lavender is traditionally alleged to have a variety of therapeutic and curative properties, ranging from inducing relaxation to treating parasitic infections, burns, insect bites, and spasm. There is growing evidence suggesting that lavender oil may be an effective medicament in the treatment of several neurological disorders.
Several animal and human investigations suggest anxiolytic, mood stabilizer, sedative, analgesic, and anticonvulsive and neuroprotective properties for lavender. These studies raised the possibility of revival of lavender therapeutic efficacy in neurological disorders. In this paper, a survey on current experimental and clinical state of knowledge about the effect of lavender on the nervous system is a given.”