The A-B-C’s and 1-2-3’s of Aromatherapy for Back-to- School Success
It’s that time of year – again. Back-to- school, back-to- work, back to running around and taking the kiddies to and from soccer and/or football practice, piano lessons, dance classes, etc. The myriad of madness has officially begun for most. And, let’s not forget about the dreaded “h” word – homework! With all that we do all week long, it’s no wonder all our concentration and focus gets sucked away by 7pm. Throw sleepiness, exhaustion, rambunctiousness, and ADHD into the mix and you’ve got a recipe for a mental meltdown any minute. So, instead of reaching for a sugary snack or cup of Joe to get you through the mayhem, why not sniff some brain-boosting powers of aromatherapy to get both you and your little ones through the hectic week? Check out these focus-friendly essential oil recipes and take your grades (and sanity) to the next-level.
It’s important to mention that brain fog doesn’t just strike when the physical body becomes overwhelmed or fatigued, but also from emotional or mental weariness or anxiety. That’s why essential oils and the ancient art of aromatherapy are the perfect antidotes to your mid-week weary woes. They have an almost instantaneous boosting effect on the brain, body, and spirit, so you can re-calibrate, re-focus, and re-energize and get through whatever project or task you have at hand. The emotional center of the brain is directly connected to and stimulated by the olfactory bulbs of the nose, so start sniffing and stay sharp!
Bath, Massage, and Diffuser Blends to Boost Concentration, Focus, Calm, Positivity, and Energy
- Blend #1 – 13 drops rosemary essential oil, 2 drops Kashmere Kollections Italian lemon essential oil
- Blend #2 – 4 drops cypress essential oil, and 1 drop Kashmere Kollections peppermint essential oil
- Blend #3 – 1 drop basil essential oil, 2 drops rosemary essential oil, and 2 drops cypress essential oil
- Blend #4 – 3 drops Kashmere Kollections Italian lemon essential oil and 2 drops hyssop essential oil
- Blend #5 – 2 drops Kashmere Kollections peppermint oil and 2 drops Kashmere Kollections Italian lemon essential oil
Select any of the above brain and body –boosting blends you’d like to try first. Of course, you can try as many or all if you like, but do so at different times. See which one(s) work best for you or your children. What may work for them may not exactly work for you. The beauty of experimenting with essential oils and aromatherapy is finding your own personal potion. Once you’ve selected your blend of choice, select any of the following methods to put the blend into body, mind, and spiritual bliss:
Using your exclusive Kashmere Kollections Luxury Diffuser, multiply your chosen blend by 4 to obtain 20 total drops. First, add oils to any dark-colored glass bottle or vial and mix well by rolling between palms. Add to diffuser with water.
- Bath Oil
Multiply your chosen blend by 3 to obtain 15 drops, then add to running bath water. You can also add a few drops of either your Kashmere Kollections Apricot Kernel Carrier Oil or Kashmere Kollections Coconut Carrier Oil to the calming concoction. By the way, bubbles make this option even better!
- Bath Salts
Multiply your chosen blend by 3 to obtain 15 total drops. Then, add to 3 cups of sea salt, such as Dead Sea salt, Himalayan pink sea salt, Epsom salt, or a combination of all/any. Carefully mix in 1 tablespoon of either Kashmere Kollections Apricot Kernel Carrier Oil or Kashmere Kollections Coconut Carrier Oil. In a small bowl, combine your carrier oil of choice with your essential oil blend of choice and mix well. In a totally separate bowl, add the salts, then add your oil mixture. Mix the entire elixir using a spoon or fork, making sure to really crushing up the salts as much as possible. When done, place your homemade bath salts into a pretty mason jar or glass container with an airtight lid to prevent the intoxicating aroma from the essential oils from escaping. If you want to score extra credit points on creativity, color your bath salts to match your vanity using colored mica power found at your creative arts store. When you’re finally ready to use your bath salts, add 1-1 and ½ cups to running bath water, making duly sure the salts completely dissolve before entering the tub or you risk your tush or tootsies getting stabbed by salty chunks.
- Massage Oil
Multiply your blend of choice by 3 for a total of 45 drops. Add one fluid ounce of Kashmere Kollections carrier oil of choice and mix all together. Again, store in an airtight glass container or mason jar for long-lasting aromatic efficacy. When ready to indulge all the blissfulness of this highly-concentrated concoction, apply only a small amount – ½ to 1 teaspoon for each sedating session. Use on bottoms of feet, back of neck, inside wrists, across chest, or on temples.
Try these brain and body –boosting blends using your powerfully potent Kashmere Kollections’ peppermint and bergamot essential oils. Clear the mind and restore clarity, while promoting an energetic and enthusiastic outlook on life. These are especially effective if working from home, helping with homework, or burning the midnight oil cramming for a mid-term:
- Add one drop eucalyptus essential oil, 1 drop rosemary essential oil, 1 drop ginger essential oil, and 4 drops Kashmere Kollections Bergamot Essential Oil to a big bowl of steamy, soothing hot water. Inhale deeply for 5-10 minutes. Splash face with cold water and get back to work!
- Mix 3Invo0 mL. aloe vera gel with one drop of Kashmere Kollections Peppermint Essential Oil, 2 drops May Chang essential oil, 2 drops neroli essential oil, and 4 drops Kashmere Kollections Bergamot Essential Oil. Rub gently on temples and pulse points for a quick, yet long-lasting, pick-me-up any time of day or night.
ADHD-Reducing Blends and Single Essential Oils
Stop squirming in your seat and try tackling ADHD with this powerful focus-friendly potion:
- Add 1-2 drops of any or all of the following essential oils – sandalwood, cedarwood, Melissa, frankincense, blue cypress, or Kashmere Kollections Lavender Essential Oil – and mix with your Kashmere Kollections carrier oil of choice and rub on back of neck in the morning and before bedtime. This powerful ADHD-curbing cocktail can also be inhaled from a diffuser or straight from a bottle/vial.
Here are some brain-balancing, ADHD-diminishing single essential oils to put to the test. All can be added to your Kashmere Kollections carrier oil of choice and used as a take-anywhere temple or foot balm, massage oil, bath oil, inhaled from your Kashmere Kollections Luxury Diffuser, dropped in your beautiful Kashmere Kollections DiffuserJewelry bracelets or necklaces, or sniffed straight from your personal bottle/vial. You can also add to a handy hankie and deeply inhale the concentration-enhancing aroma mid –test-taking to help retain memory and bolster fading focus:
- Kashmere Kollections Lavender Essential Oil – Reduces anxiety and disquiet
- Vetiver – Promotes focus and energy
- Roman chamomile – Soothes, sedates, comforts, and calms nerves and feelings of restlessness
- Patchouli – Supports and sedates an overwhelmed nervous system
- Ylang Ylang – Sedates the emotions and promotes a sense of tranquility, while reducing the common state of rambunctiousness associated with children battling ADHD
- Kashmere Kollections Peppermint Essential Oil – Invokes mental clarity and laser-sharp concentration
- Orange – Invigorates the senses, energizes the body
- Rosemary – Boosts memory retention and is great for pre-exam prepping
- Kashmere Kollections Italian Lemon Essential Oil – Re-calibrates the mind’s thoughts, helping to hone in on the task at hand. Perfect for banishing brain fog, while fighting fatigue and lethargy. Helps release distracting, mindless clutter and negativity.
- Kashmere Kollections Bergamot Essential Oil – Balances the brain, promoting a sense of confidence and overall emotional well-being and harmony
Homework Helper Blend
Add 5 drops wild orange essential oil, 5 drops Kashmere Kollections Peppermint Essential Oil, and 2 drops frankincense essential oil. Place all essential oils in your Kashmere Kollections Luxury Diffuser about 20 minutes before homework time.
Ace that Exam Roller Recipe
Add 7 drops rosemary essential oil, 5 drops Kashmere Kollections Italian Lemon Essential Oil, and 4 drops Kashmere Kollections Peppermint Essential Oil to a few ounces of either Kashmere Kollections Apricot Kernel Carrier Oil or Kashmere Kollections Coconut Carrier Oil.
Mix all the oils together and add to a 10 mL roller bottle. Shake well. Rub your blissful brain and body –boosting blend behind ears, back of neck, along base of skull, inside wrists, on pulse points and temples, etc. Or, add to the fragrance pad of your favorite Kashmere Kollections Diffuser Jewelry and take with you during test time. Score!